The eCommerce market is growing at an exponential rate. Amazon is now more valuable than Walmart, making the internet giant the most valuable retailer in the world. To put it simply, Amazon is an unequaled marketplace for suppliers and manufacturers.
How to Get Your Home Decor Products on Amazon.com
There are a couple methods available to break into the eCommerce market with Amazon:
- The Do-It-Yourself Method
- The eCommerce Merchandizer Method
The Do-It-Yourself Method
Manufacturers can apply directly to Amazon.com by following a few relatively-simple steps:
- Decide what you want to sell. Truly take the time to assess the products you plan to sell, research whether there is a niche or opportunity to capitalize on, and define your strategy based on what you find. Try not to go into the process with preconceived notions about which products will sell; try to be objective and approach it with the consumers in mind.
- Choose an Amazon selling plan. Once you’ve determined the exact products you want to sell, and the number you are capable of supplying and selling per month, you are ready to pick a plan. Individuals or small suppliers have the option to pay less than one dollar per item sold, while larger manufacturers can choose to pay $39.99 per month to sell a limitless number.
- Research the details of the selling plans. There are other selling fees involved when an item sells, typically referral fees and closing fees, so take the time to research these costs and factor them into your pricing model.
- Find the Amazon Category that is most accurate for your products. Rules and regulations differ depending on the Category under which your product falls. If your products could potentially fit into multiple categories, dig a little deeper.
- Apply for approval, if necessary. If the category you select requires approval, use the Amazon Contact Us page to begin the application process. Make sure you have all of your credentials and financials in order prior to submitting.
- List your products effectively. You need to have an in-depth understanding of how to create SKUs, which keywords to use, which keywords are commonly typed incorrectly by buyers, which images prompt browsers to stop on your products, and the product descriptions that will help convert those viewers to customers.
The eCommerce Merchandizer Method
Amazon is a little easier than some of the other eCommerce sites in terms of getting your products listed. The catch is, customers still have to find your products in a marketplace full of eCommerce experts. That’s where eCommerce merchandizers can help with an array of tools:
- eCommerce data management
- Specialists in home decor products
- Experts in internet marketing, including: meta tags, keywords, SKU, and data quality
- Software to manage inventory forecasting, returns and exchanges
- Unmatched customer service and support
It is not enough to get your home decor products on Amazon.com; you also have to generate sales from the opportunity. You’re an expert at your business. Partner with an expert at eCommerce and you will find success.